Information Security Engineer
|Sector(s):||Healthcare and Medical Technology, Information Technology|
We are seeking a full-time contractor to perform as a technical Information Security Engineer for a well known Health System. Primary focus includes implementation consulting and support, new technology evaluation, and administration of key security tools.
Time period: Start within 2-3 weeks of selection, approximate term of 12 months with the opportunity for an extension. 40 hours per week.
• A minimum of 5 to 10 years of technical experience in Information Security at a large organization.
• Experience with the following technologies:
o Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
o Internet firewalls.
o Web reverse-proxy servers and web application firewalls.
o Strong authentication technologies including tokens, web persistent cookies, and biometrics.
o Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) systems.
o Network anti-malware systems.
o Network Access Control (NAC).
o Host and network based Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems.
• Ability to understand, and familiarity with, information security concepts and lexicon.
• Proven ability to create and maintain technical documentation; including procedures, configuration settings, and documentation to support remediation of audit findings.
• Ability to transfer knowledge to other security or operational staff.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitive risk assessments.
• Experience with evaluating new technology for security requirements.
• Experience with creating hardening standards preferred.
• Experience in an integrated health care environment for outpatient and inpatient patient populations required, academic setting preferred.
• Team player that has a proven record of working in a highly collaborative, flexible, and fast-paced environment.
a. Technical implementation for: two-factor authentication for VPN, Active Directory, Citrix, and email; vulnerability scanner; network aggregation & network span/tap; other security projects.
b. Administration of IronKey flash drives, Forefront TMG web proxy, Elastic search, QRadar SIEM, and other security technologies.
c. Consulting with other IT teams on technical information security requirements.
d. IT Security project support and consulting. May include working closely with vendor Professional Services on project implementations.
e. Create documentation and perform knowledge transfer for assigned IT Security projects and initiatives.
f. Risk-based review and approval for firewall rules.
g. Incident response for cyber events including email phishing and email alerts from industry sources.
h. Performing and documenting risk assessments; participate in development of documented remediation plans as necessary.
Other duties as assigned.