IT - Systems Engineer
A Systems Engineer is needed to support a critical program that specializes in data repositories. The Group is developing and maintaining leading-edge technologies in support of a high priority customer to provide critical support. Members of the Group predominantly work within Agile teams, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software and hardware.
This resource will be a member of the Systems Engineering Team which provides technical leadership and DevOps support to the program.
The selected candidate could:
• Build and maintain software, scripts, and tools to facilitate server configuration management and software deployment to virtual servers in both cloud and enclave environments.
• Integrate COTS and Open Source software into sponsor's systems, develop custom extensions and integration points for COTS.
• Identify and mitigate risks and consequences of internal and external changes.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Identify and develop solutions that leverage enterprise services and/or open source software (if appropriate) to meet program needs and maintain the integrity of application architecture.
• Provide technical thought leadership to the development team.
Team members will work with other project personnel to resolve technical problems, ensure developed applications & systems transition to customers in a timely manner, assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters, identify hardware & applications needed to complete the development process, and support deployed systems independently or under only general direction.
**All mandatory skills must be reflected with proposed candidate's experience to be submitted for consideration**
1. Minimum of 5 years demonstrated on-the-job experience developing and deploying software applications within Linux/Unix environment.
2. Minimum of 5 years demonstrated on-the-job experience with Java/J2EE.
3. Minimum of 2 years demonstrated on-the-job experience developing with version control software, such as Subversion or Git, including branching/merging.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Puppet (or equivalent system configuration technologies such as Chef/Ansible).
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Oracle or SQL Development.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Spring/Hibernate.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience building software using Maven with continuous integration (eg. Jenkins).
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Apache http configuration.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with scripting languages (e.g., shell, perl, python, Groovy).
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Linux package management tools (e.g., Yum, RPM).
8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with binary repository management.
9. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with SSL certificate management and debugging.
10. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with AWS.
11. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with open source software acquisition in customer’s environment.