VoIP Network Engineer
|Sector(s):||Banking and Financial Services, Information Technology|
Position: VoIP Network Engineer
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Duration: Direct Hire
About the Role:
The Senior Voice Network Support Engineer will operate and manage voice devices including gateways, call managers, NICE call recording, NICE WFM (Work Force Management) etc. and related components to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. The engineer will collaborate with engineering and other platform operations team members to execute services supporting over 9 corporate locations and 6,000 users, 3 data centers, and 5 million clients. This Engineer will be responsible to participates in the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure consistency with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. The candidate will be a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology projects or issues.
· Perform Tier II support functions and be on-call rotation of voice network systems and infrastructure.
· Troubleshooting voice network systems, through the range of desktop phones on up to the backend Call Manager version 10.5 and later and Cisco Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) version 10.5 and later.
· Participate in project based implementation of required voice network infrastructure devices upto and including Cisco Call Manager, Cisco UCCE, CVP scripting, Gateway, Oracle SBC SIP implementation/migration, etc.
· Work with vendor support organizations for configuration assistance, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
· Provide daily administration for all voice network infrastructure, including requests for new phones, headsets, voice mail, as well as anything upgrades to the system.
· Schedule and implement OS and other system upgrades per established process inclusive of coordination with application development, platform engineering and quality assurance teams.
· Complete physical planning, scheduling and installation of new voice network devices as determined by Engineering.
· Work with standard incident management system to update incident tickets in a timely manner (creating, researching, referring, and closing).
· Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
· Work closely with other internal technical groups located locally and remotely, as well as with 3rd party partners.
· Assist with MACD (Moves, Add, Changes, Deletes) when necessary
· Expert problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend solutions and implementation of solutions
· Provide level 1 and level 2 production support and problem management
· Strong knowledge of networking principles to include basic understanding of TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet, routing and switching, DHCP, DNS and QoS
· Strong knowledge of VoIP Telephony, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity voicemail and Cisco Meeting Place
· Strong knowledge of Cisco call center tecnologies such as Cisco ICM and Cisco CVP platforms including scripting.
· Strong experience in Cisco Gateway and Gatekeeper configurations and administration
· Experience with Call Recording solution such as NICE call recording or others.
· Experience with SIP and H.323 protocols
· Experience resolving issues with voice carriers.
· Experience with large scale call center environments
· Work closely with business partners on telephony related issues to assess impact and manage client
· Be able to work in a geographically dispersed team environment
· Perform other job related duties as assigned
· Voice experience within e-commerce or financial services industry.
· 5+ years experience in Cisco voice/data communications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills necessary in Word, Excel, Presentation, Project and Visio.
· Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult personnel situations.
· Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to establish and define automated system installation/configuration procedures.
· Ability to create System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
· Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
· Must have great attention to detail in planning, execution and documentation.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Services, Math, or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.